Engineering studies With the use of cutting-edge technologies, our tem of engineering professionals offers:
- Short-circuit analysis
- Protection coordination analysis
- Stability study
- Generator interconnection studies
Transformer oil analysis If you need to know the degradation level of the insulating oil inside an electrical transformer, we offer you an analysis through different tests that will let you know how your unit is working. The analysis takes into account factors such as transformer type, location, load and temperature, among others.
The basic tests that can be performed on insulating oil are:
- Determination of dielectric rigidity
- Water dissolved on oil
- Dissolved particles
- Dissolved gases
- Surface tension
- PCB content (optional)
- Avoidance of unexpected transformer failures, as well as their economic consequences and quality in the provision of electricity service.
- The need for maintenance in an electrical transformer is directly proportional to its value and to the quality of the electricity supply that it offers
- Repair costs are generally higher than annual analysis costs
Thermographic analysis If you need to know the location of faults quickly and precisely, we offer you the thermographic analysis service. Through technical inspections with an infrared camera, this service indicates temperature increases in locations prone to suffer major damage, which could not be observed through ordinary inspection.
This study is performed analyzing the thermographic images, which are compared to the maximum allowable heat values of the devices, so that they cannot become a hazard for the electrical facility. Conclusions and recommendations are provided at the end of the analysis
- Prevention and planning of a detailed maintenance program
- Prevention of potential accidents from electrical faults
Substation ground resistance tests We offer a diagnosis of the conditions of the grounding network and the value of resistance to ensure the grounding of current intensities of any nature (fault currents or due to atmospheric discharges). This service allows for guaranteeing the safety of persons and facilities, improving service quality and the establishment and permanence of a reference voltage.
These tests imply a primary analysis of the location and design of the grounding network, and to carry out the study, the equipment to measure the ground network is installed.
- Limiting the voltage difference that can appear between metallic structures and ground
- Enable the detection of grounding defects and guarantee the operation and coordination of protections, eliminating or reducing the risk implied by a fault
- Limit internal surges that can appear in the electricity network under specific operating conditions
- Protection against electromagnetic impulses
- Absolute respect to the logic digital “0” for the total protection of electronic equipment
- Physical ground of electronic protection (GND)
- Efficiency in energy transportation
- Effective system for the dissipation of undesirable energy to ground
- More efficient robotics and automation
- Transmitters with more power, reach and quality
- Fast and secure IT networks
Demand analysis and measurement of electrical parameters This study allows for learning about the operating conditions of the facilities and electrical substations of a company or industrial plant through the generation of a profile of electrical parameters such as power demand (kVA, KW), secondary current, load availability and current imbalance.
To carry out the study, network analyzers are installed for a seven-day recording period in the secondary side of substations and at the supply delivery point, to then obtain a typical one-week load profile. An engineering analysis is performed with the information obtained, where the available capacity of the substation, current imbalance and voltage levels with respect to the load are evaluated, and an executive report is submitted with the conclusions and recommendations for improvement to guarantee the good operation of the facilities.
Among other analyses that can be included in this service are:
- Load balance analysis
- Harmonic current analysis and measurement
- Power factor study
Diagnosis of electric infrastructure with drones
We are pioneers in the integration of the use of drones to inspect critical assets of electric infrastructure; that is why we offer:
- Inspection of 46, 23 and 13-kV sub-transmission networks
- Standardized procedures according to international practice
- Inspection of critical assets to visualize the condition of insulation from the overhead plane
- Rapid response and diagnosis
- Traceability of findings